Bobcat debuts compact telehandler
18 January 2023
Bobcat used World of Concrete 2023 to introduce its most compact telehandler, the TL519.
Powered by a 74 hp Tier 4, turbo-charged engine, the TL519 features a load capacity of 5,500 pounds and a lift height of 19 feet.
Telehandler operation modes
The TL519 also offers operators five operation modes:
- ECO mode allows the operator to maintain hydraulic performance without using the engine’s full power – working with lower rpm, less noise and lower fuel consumption.
- Smooth drive mode is ideal for maneuvering across jobsites with mild acceleration and deceleration while carrying loads.
- Dynamic drive mode increases responsiveness of the telehandler’s acceleration and deceleration for traveling between tasks.
- Flex drive mode allows the operator to manage the engine speed independently from travel speed.
- Advanced attachment control mode allows for full auxiliary hydraulic performance.
Redesigned cab with familiar options
The TL519 was designed off of the company’s R-Series styling for operator familiarity. A single, intuitive joystick controls the travel direction, lift and tilt functions, boom extension and auxiliary hydraulics. The unit’s low-profile boom sits below operator eye level to provide an open view of the surroundings and a redesigned engine basket sits lower for increased line of sight.
Fingertip control access makes operation smooth and comfortable, the company said. On the front side of the joystick, the directional switch for forward, neutral and reverse can be operated with the index finger. The two-speed travel switch, lift-arm float, boom extension, machine function settings and auxiliary hydraulics are located on the rear of the joystick.
A redesigned cab puts operator comfort at the forefront with a suspension seat, HVAC system and an easy-to-read, automotive-style instrumentation panel. The cab has been designed and tested to Roll-Over Protection Structure (ROPS) and Falling Object Protective Structure (FOPS) level II standards.
The TL519 also features the Bob-Tach mounting system, which allows operators to share select attachments with other Bobcat equipment.